The world’s largest mining company, Anglo American, has over 128,000 staff worldwide. Head of Legal, Kevin Lester of the South African operations, speaks about how he came on board and changed the legal department to provide added value. By including Exigent in his plans, Lester, over six years, reduced his costs by more than 50% (not adjusted for inflation).
In this video case study interview Kevin covers:
- Why Anglo American needed to restructure its South African legal set up and offering
- The challenge of bringing multiple legal departments together to deliver a cohesive service
- Evolution vs revolution? How to introduce an LPO into an organization
- Analyzing work for cost efficiency: getting the right people, with the right skills, doing the right work
- Changing processes and sharing actions between partners and law firms better
- Why technology is not the only solution